Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Moroccan Carrot Ribbons and Black (Or in my case, Green) Lentils


I've been wanting to try this one out for a bit and I'm so bummed it took me so long because it's un-freaking-believable. I was unable to find black lentil so I used French green lentils (shoot me for it). Besides that near disastrous escapade, this recipe was quick, easy and will forever be a part of regular rotation. Per usual, I made a few tweaks according to what was in my spice collection and personal taste (the original recipe is listed below)

Serves 4
20-30 minutes

Carrot Marinade:
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
2 Tbsp. Orange juice
Pinch of salt

Dressing:
1 Tbsp Cumin
1/2 Tbsp Anise seeds
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground ginger
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Ground coriander
Pinch of crushed chilies
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Agave
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Pinch of salt

Ingredients:
1 cup French green lentils
3-4 Carrots
1/2 cup Red onion
8 Prunes
1/2 cup Mint, chopped


1. Mix together your carrot marinade in a large bowl. Wash and peel your carrots in long strokes for desired "ribbon" fanciness. Place in marinade.
2. Cook your lentils as directed (usually 2:1 water:lentil ratio, boil water, turn to medium, add lentil, cook for 20-30 min yada yada). Rinse to make it pretty, I don't bother.
3. While your lentil is cooking make your dressing. Just put it all in a bowl and mix. Also, finely-ish chop your onions, prunes and mint.
4. When all is ready to go, mix it all in that OG marinade bowl and serve. Yum!

Original recipe created by Sarah Britton from My New Roots via Whole Living
My Asshole Diet 

No comments:

Post a Comment