Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mashed Cauliflower


This being my 3rd year as a vegan, I'm still getting used to vegan holiday meals. About this time of year I start warming up with ideas of what to cook. I was having a conversation with a fellow A Hole dieter who suggested this recipe (for the record Katherine couldn't be any more far removed from an A Hole,... besides her diet). I feel like mashed potatoes are so personal, there are so many different ways you can make them: truffle oil, spicy, "cheese & bacon", Italian spiced, wasabi, etc. This is just your jumping point.

Serves 2-4
25 minutes

1 Head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
3 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp Earth Balance "butter"
2 Tbsp Almond milk
Salt & pepper to taste
Chives for garnish

1. Steam cauliflower till you can easily slice through it with a spoon. Throw it in a food processor for a quick smooth mashing (or mixer, or labor intensive with a masher)
2. Mix all, minus the chives
3. Devour.
My Asshole Diet 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Thanks for the shout-out. Also try it with just the steamed cauliflower and some coconut oil, salt and pepper in the f.processor. Delish. From the cookbook, "Practical Paleo" by Diane Sanfilippo. The cookbook also has great gluten and dairy-free recipes if you need any. (Though I guess you have to skip the egg and meat dishes for you!)
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete