Thursday, January 24, 2013

Vegan Pistachio Pudding


If it isn't evident by my last few posts, I am in Winter hibernation mode. All comfort food, all the time. My taste buds say yes, my jeans say no. I'll figure out which one to listen to while I eat my pudding.

Serves 6
20 minutes active + 3 hours to soak nuts & another 2 hours to set

1 cup Pistachio nuts
3 cups Almond milk (or vegan milk of choice)
1/4 cup Baby spinach
1/4 cup Corn starch
3/4 Sugar
1/8 tsp Salt
2 tsp Vanilla extract (the quality stuff, always the quality stuff)

1. Shell nuts if needed, soak in water for three hours, drain and add to food processor (or Vitamix) along with 1 1/2 cup milk and spinach. Blend until very smooth.
2. In saucepan add all your dry ingredients and mix. Mix in your pistachio mixture. Put pan over medium heat and stir in remaining milk. Stir continuously, until pudding coats the back of your spoon. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
3. Split into little cups, bowls, ramekins, whatever your heart desires. Place in fridge for two hours, possibly the longest two hours of your life. Serve!

Original recipe from Your Vegan Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment