Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Peppered Chocolate Dipped Chips


I wanted a fun, fancy, decadent finger food to go with my cocktails the other night. Now you can see exactly how classy I am: fancy + decadent = chocolate dipped potato chips. After I got this whole thing rolling I decided that pink peppercorns would have been waaaaaaay better but I didn't have any. So I'm telling you: Use pink peppercorns.

Serves 2-4
20 minutes

A bag of your favorite salted potato chips
1 cup Vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup Almond milk
2 Tbsp Powdered sugar (possibly more)
Pink peppercorns (or in my case black)
Parchment paper

1. Heat chocolate in a double pot* Vegan chocolate needs a little help melting sometimes so I add a little bit of almond milk at a time to get it to a nice consistency. Add powdered sugar. You want a balance between the salty and sweet so, if your chips are super salty make your chocolate more sweet.
2. Once your chocolate is smooth and sweet enough, start dipping your chips, shimmy any extra chocolate off and lay on parchment paper.
3. About every 10 chocolate dipped chips grind fresh pink peppercorns over the top. Repeat, allow to set and enjoy!

*When I say double pot I'm referring to a pot inside a pot. If you have a set great! If you don't it's easy to replicate. Take a big pot and fill it half way with water. Set another, smaller, pot inside this pot. If the water flows into the smaller pot dump some water until it doesn't anymore. The smaller, interior pot is where you'll be doing your melting (if that wasn't obvious)

No comments:

Post a Comment