Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mount Dandy


I had some left over brandy from glogg making this Holiday season so I decided to whip together a cocktail. I know what you're thinking: Even Snookie wouldn't drink brandy from a martini glass! I apologize, I don't have a full assortment of drink-ware.

Serves 4
20 minutes

1/2 cup Brandy
1/3 cup Triple sec
2/3 cup Blackberry simple syrup
1/2 cup Sweetened vanilla almond milk
4 Blackberries for garnish

Blackberry Simple Syrup
1 cup Light brown sugar
1 cup Water
1 cup Blackberries
6 1inch pieces orange peel
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract, high quality

1. Simple syrup: Combine water and sugar in sauce pan over low heat. Meanwhile, process blackberries in food processor till smooth. Once sugar is dissolved add blackberries, orange peels and vanilla. Simmer for 15 minutes, strain and allow to cool.
2. Cocktail: Combine triple sec, brandy and simple syrup; pour into glass. Pour your float by placing spoon face up on the edge of your glass; pour milk, very slowly, into spoon allowing to over flow. Here is a perfect example.
3. I always toast, for there is always something to toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment