Sunday, December 9, 2012

City O' Wrap

 
I feel as though I'm being mean mugged by this sandwich


This wrap comes from a joint in my hometown called City O' City. When I lived there, I lived there. When ever I'm feeling a little home sick I throw this puppy together. It is not Gluten-Free so I make it when my sweetheart isn't around.

Store bought hummus is expensive and bland and inferior to homemade from scratch. I included my general recipe but you can, of course, switch it up however you would like (i.e. extra garlic, basil, sun dried tomatoes)

Serves 4
20 minutes (due to the cooking of the fries)

Hummus
1 15oz can Garbanzo beans, rinsed
2 Tbsp Tahini
1 Tsp Cumin
1/4 Tsp Salt
2-3 Garlic cloves
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Water as needed

Wrap Makings
4 Pita wraps
Small bag Frozen fries, cooked
2 dozen Pitted green olives, diced
2 hand fulls Mixed greens
Sriracha Sauce

1. Start cookin' ya fries. Throw all your hummus ingredients in your food processor and process. If it's too thick add a tablespoon of water at a time till a nice spreadable consistency
2. Spread hummus onto your pita, line up your nice hot fries down the middle; top with olives, greens and sriracha to taste.
3. Fold and shove into mouth.

I added some raw-cotta to mine, if you're non-vegan feta works swimmingly.

Also, don't forget the Lucky Peach Giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. This "mean-mugging" sandwich was awesome. I tried it following your suggestions exactly and then made one adding a tad of lemon-spinich couscous. Also delish. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete