Saturday, December 22, 2012

Minted Brussels Sprouts


Growing up my sis and I protested Brussels sprouts through and through. Apparently my dad hated them as well but, my mother told him to act as though he liked them to set a good example. So, just to make this clear; three of the four people eating Brussels sprouts loathed them, yet apparently that was not enough to stop my mother from continuing to cook them for us. My father still complains about all the Brussels sprouts he had to eat but the brainwashing worked on me and now I'm a fan.

Serves 2
25 minutes

2 pounds Brussels sprouts, cut off the stems and halve em'
Olive oil
2 Tbsp Rice vinegar
1 Tbsp Tamari sauce
1 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 cup Fresh mint, chopped
1 Garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp Red chilli flakes

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat up oil in a saute pan, saute sprouts till edges are golden and a lil' crispy; about 5 minutes.
2. Transfer sprouts to oven safe dish (if your pan is oven safe just keep em' in there), bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the rest of your ingredients in a large bowl.
3. When sprouts are done, add them to your large bowl, toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment