Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Glogg


I wont lie, this was a tough recipe to share. Why is it so hard to share the good things in life? A good band, restaurant, in this case; a recipe. It's like a selfish super secret. Does it make it less special because more people know about it? People are rather quick to discredit something because it hits main stream. I never understood it and I still don't even though I'm experiencing some of the same reluctance now. Alas, someone shared this recipe with me years ago and I would be an even bigger a*#hole if I didn't share this liquid of spectacular.

If I don't double this recipe, I'm never able to have a second glass because the drunkards I call family and friends have had it all. I recommend the same unless you are surrounded by people who are able to practice a little more self restraint.

Serves 6
20 minutes

1 750ml bottle Tawny port
3/4 cup Brandy
15 Cloves, whole
 4 Cinnamon sticks
1 tsp Cardamom, ground (or 10 cardamom seeds)
The peel of one orange, cut into silver dollar size pieces
Raisins and almond slivers for garnish

1. Add about a cup of water into a big pot along with cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and orange peel. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. I do this to start opening up the bouquet of spices and peel.
2. Add your port and brandy, heat through. Add your raisins, almonds and serve. Keep covered on very low heat. You don't want this to simmer.

I would also like to note that I make strong drinks. You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment