Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cha Cha Cha Mushrooms


My co-workers and I stopped into Cha Cha Cha a few weeks back, having very few vegan options I stuck to my veggies. Normally I'm not the biggest mushroom fan but if you try and steal one of these mushrooms from me, you'll find a fork in your hand. 

Serves 4
20 minutes

4 Tbsp olive oil
18 to 22 white mushrooms
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp Basil, dried
1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
2 Scallions, finely chopped, white part only
1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
1/2 cup Dry sherry
4 Tbsp Vegan butter, in pieces
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

1. If you have large mushrooms, quarter them. Have all your spices ready to go. Heat olive oil on medium-high heat, throw in your mushrooms, cook 2 minutes continuously stirring. Add herbs, garlic, scallions, pepper flakes, cook 2 minutes.
2. Add sherry, cook till reduced to half. Stir in butter one tablespoon at a time. Add salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately.

Original recipe from Up Your Flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment